Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 6. 56 minutes ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Zipline Double NZ IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Resist (Ghost 787). 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Johnny Utah. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity