Ad Astra pours a murky dark brown with a robust white head that settles to a thin ring with thick lacing. The aroma is salted caramel with a little skunkiness mixed with a barley spent mash sweetness. It starts smoky in flavor and moves through some subtle caramel sweetness, with something borderlining on floral going on. It's very salty which goes surprisingly well with the wee heavy style, and also helps mask the alcohol with the slight sweet. It's medium to full bodied with a biting carbonation. It finishes with a lingering salty syrup aftertaste.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 46 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Super Beta. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to San Diego Part 1. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Filbert. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dirty Bastard Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity