Ad Astra pours a murky dark brown with a robust white head that settles to a thin ring with thick lacing. The aroma is salted caramel with a little skunkiness mixed with a barley spent mash sweetness. It starts smoky in flavor and moves through some subtle caramel sweetness, with something borderlining on floral going on. It's very salty which goes surprisingly well with the wee heavy style, and also helps mask the alcohol with the slight sweet. It's medium to full bodied with a biting carbonation. It finishes with a lingering salty syrup aftertaste.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to No Pumpkins Here. 46 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity