This Belgian-style Dubbel pours a mostly clear, dark red or mahogany color. The head is thin and filmy, but leaves nice lacing on the glass. On the aroma you'll get lots of fruit and caramel. The taste is delicious, almost candy-like, with lots of fruit at first. Notes of strawberry, raisins, and plum, followed by a rich bready malt flavor with a finish of sweet caramel. Medium body with a nice effervescence to it. Overall this is an outstanding beer from Abita and one that we'd be happy to taste again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 12 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Future Perfect. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Gold Standard. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Exploring the Vault. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Springboard Ale. 6 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity