This Belgian-style Dubbel pours a mostly clear, dark red or mahogany color. The head is thin and filmy, but leaves nice lacing on the glass. On the aroma you'll get lots of fruit and caramel. The taste is delicious, almost candy-like, with lots of fruit at first. Notes of strawberry, raisins, and plum, followed by a rich bready malt flavor with a finish of sweet caramel. Medium body with a nice effervescence to it. Overall this is an outstanding beer from Abita and one that we'd be happy to taste again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 7 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity