This Belgian-style Dubbel pours a mostly clear, dark red or mahogany color. The head is thin and filmy, but leaves nice lacing on the glass. On the aroma you'll get lots of fruit and caramel. The taste is delicious, almost candy-like, with lots of fruit at first. Notes of strawberry, raisins, and plum, followed by a rich bready malt flavor with a finish of sweet caramel. Medium body with a nice effervescence to it. Overall this is an outstanding beer from Abita and one that we'd be happy to taste again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Portlandia. 20 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ellison Tiramisu Stout. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deadly Combination: Nelson + Mosaic. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity