5 Hop Black IPA
5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Spock It. 1 minute ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 58 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for West Coast Red. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Voodoo Doughnut Mango Astronaut Ale. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity