5 Hop Black IPA
5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 27 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 57 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Double Actuator. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity