5 Hop Black IPA
5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 50 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to No Pumpkins Here. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Founders reDANKulous. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Slowest Drink at the Saddest Bar on the Sunniest Day in the Greatest City. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity