559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale)
RFA is unlike anything we've ever tasted before. The official description characterizes it as malty, but that doesn't quite paint the full picture. The color is a reddish brown, very cloudy appearance, and it has a thick, coarse white head that goes away pretty quickly. The aroma is hard to pin down but smells of slight funk, dried fruits, and maybe some fig. It appears to be very carbonated but you don't get a lot on the tongue and the mouthfeel is surprisingly heavy. On the flavor, it's got more funk than the late 70's. It is mildly sweet with a maltiness that is nearly undetectable underneath the other flavors. There's an acidic, abrasive finish that negates everything but the sour. One thing is for certain, this is a strange brew!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 20 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity