559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale)
RFA is unlike anything we've ever tasted before. The official description characterizes it as malty, but that doesn't quite paint the full picture. The color is a reddish brown, very cloudy appearance, and it has a thick, coarse white head that goes away pretty quickly. The aroma is hard to pin down but smells of slight funk, dried fruits, and maybe some fig. It appears to be very carbonated but you don't get a lot on the tongue and the mouthfeel is surprisingly heavy. On the flavor, it's got more funk than the late 70's. It is mildly sweet with a maltiness that is nearly undetectable underneath the other flavors. There's an acidic, abrasive finish that negates everything but the sour. One thing is for certain, this is a strange brew!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to No Pumpkins Here. 30 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity