3 Weight Session IPA
3 Weight is a bright golden color, slightly cloudy with a slim white head that doesn't last very long. You have to look closely to see the bubbles though the clouds, but it is bountifully carbonated. There is a mild tropical fruit aroma without much malt coming through on the nose. The taste is incredibly light for an IPA, even for a session IPA. Some Session IPAs try to make up for the lack of alcohol by overloading hops and bitterness, this beer takes the opposite approach. It has a refreshing pineapple hop note that then transforms into an abbreviated bitterness that gives it a crisp finish. The result is a beer with a reserved amount of fruit sweetness, grassy malts, hop bitterness and an aftertaste that leaves you awaiting the next sip. This is a great pool beer, lawnmower beer, or any other day-drinking situation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 47 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity