3 Weight Session IPA
3 Weight is a bright golden color, slightly cloudy with a slim white head that doesn't last very long. You have to look closely to see the bubbles though the clouds, but it is bountifully carbonated. There is a mild tropical fruit aroma without much malt coming through on the nose. The taste is incredibly light for an IPA, even for a session IPA. Some Session IPAs try to make up for the lack of alcohol by overloading hops and bitterness, this beer takes the opposite approach. It has a refreshing pineapple hop note that then transforms into an abbreviated bitterness that gives it a crisp finish. The result is a beer with a reserved amount of fruit sweetness, grassy malts, hop bitterness and an aftertaste that leaves you awaiting the next sip. This is a great pool beer, lawnmower beer, or any other day-drinking situation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Mo. 2 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Cherenkov Russian Imperial Stout. 31 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for ALL CAPS. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Peche 'n Brett. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Downtown Brown. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Gummy Worms. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity