120 Minute IPA
The 120 Minute IPA is an orangish copper color with some cloudiness. The smell consists of sweet caramel malts, piney hops, and a touch of grapefruit. Although there are more hops in this beer than most others, the hops do not overwhelm. Hidden underneath the hops and the high alcohol is a nice caramel maltiness which is the highlight of this beer. The mouthfeel is syrupy and the beer is thick, which comes with the territory in beers this high in alcohol. You also lose nearly all the carbonation. These two aspects move the 120 Minute into a different style from the 90 Minute and you end up losing the some of the qualities of a traditional IPA that IPA-drinkers enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Double Toasted Marshmallow. 40 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deserables. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to The Gold Standard. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity