11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it's not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Old Chub Scotch Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to The Gold Standard. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Sactown Brews. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Teller Pils. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Allagash Black. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity