11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it’s not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 18 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Every Day, Once a Day, Give Yourself an IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Crosby Hop Farm Sterling Wet Hop Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity