11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it’s not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Some Pumpkins. 40 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Spaten Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Happy New Beer!. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Stone IPA. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for The Next Episode. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Harvest Wet Hop IPA. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Allagash Sixteen Counties. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
City of Dreams
Stout at the Devil