11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it's not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Le Jus. 3 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for LaGrave. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Nova Vert. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Flora. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity