11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it's not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Revivalists Pale Ale. 20 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for 3-Way IPA 2020. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Gratzer. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Meet Your Maker. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity