11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it’s not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Clear AF IPA. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to L.A. Beers. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity