11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it's not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Teller Pils. 21 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for American Sour (2015). 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Stars for Days. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Trinity. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity