11th Anniversary Barleywine
Color is medium to dark amber, about one finger of foamy, off-white head with huge bubbles and lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet, with caramel malt and a bit of booziness. Taste is pretty boozy right off the bat as the 13.2% is certainly there. Rich, malty flavors of caramel, chocolate, and butterscotch, along with dark fruit, especially fig and prunes. The bourbon barrels lend a bit of sweetness, but it’s not overdone. As the beer warms, we realize the booziness is still very drinkable. While it might be nice to age this a bit, this was quite enjoyable right now.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 5 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 40 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 51 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity